Thursday, July 19

Happy Birthday!!

Well... it's official! I am now OLD! I am 24! I can't believe it! (hehe, enjoyed making Brandon feel really old when I teased him about being 25 or otherwise 1/4 of a century old!)

This week has been eventful! I neglected to mention in my last blog that we sold the stupid car that gave us all that grief on the trip to San Diego, and just a few days after we got home from our So Cal trip, as the heat started getting worse here in Utah, our air conditioning in our Neon went out! How fantastic is that??? Let's just say that when it rains, it POURS! We were not too fond of this happening, and when we went to visit my sister's friends house, the husband said that it might be something as costly as the compressor, but it turned out to be something much worse as we discovered this week. So we spent a week waiting to go back to this friends house, but it turned out that he had to go out of town on business, and we wanted to go to Idaho for Pioneer day weekend. So we went to Firestone near our house, and we got some maintenance done, and then we discovered that they main computer in our car isn't sending the appropriate charge to the ac in order for it to run properly, so much to our dismay, we are going to have to fork out MORE money on our car! So Happy Birthday to me!

Today as my birthday was spent working this morning and early afternoon, and then this evening was great with friends from Orem driving all the friggin way here to go to dinner with Brandon and I. They were so nice in bringing a gift, they had been planning to come to dinner maybe last night, but tonight was a better night, so it was all the more the merrier for my birthday dinner! It was a blast having them come with us. Always good times with Nielsen and Kami! I mainly got cards for my birthday so thank you to all of those who were so thoughtful to remember me on my birthday! Our friends were thoughtful and brought me some Bath and Body Works stuff, and then Brandon bought me a really special gift! He bought me one of those Willow Tree things (figurines??) and I think that they are beautiful! They are what I call simply understated. There are no faces to them, the message they send are told through the body language and poses of the figures. I think that this might turn into a collection thing, who knows, I would have to find the space for all of them first! Also I was given money from generous family members, so shopping mall or outlets in Park City, HERE I COME! My mom was here earlier in the month and went with me to the outlets, and bought my husband and I some nice clothes for our birthdays! THANKS MOM!

The thing about shopping is that I have the mindset of an interpreter... I will explain to all you non-interpreters. The ideal interpreting clothes are dark colors that contrast with one's skin in order to make it easier for the Deaf consumer to see your hands in order to understand you better, and it's easier on the eyes. So when I go shopping, all I buy are solid colored blues, blacks, and dark purples. So lately I am having to step out of my usual interpreter motif and buy some fun clothes! Clothes colors that I used to wear! Reds! Pinks! Yellows! I have forgotten how fun these colors are! (for my fellow interpreters, I know you understand my joy!)

So tomorrow, we are going to make the fun 6 hour drive with no ac to Idaho, but thankfully we are going later in the day as it starts to somewhat cool down! It has been in the near 100's if not in the 100's this week. And the good news about today being my birthday, I was able to come home to a fixed air conditioner! We had been without air conditioning for about 3 weeks! So when other people have complained about it being cold in a building, I am just thanking my lucky stars that I am not sweating for a change! So this is a special treat! YAY!

Well before I keep going without stopping, I shall bid you all adieu and good night!

Have a great weekend, because I know we will!

Love to y'all!

Lisa

1 comment:

Jon said...

And I am offical 26 years old! Blah!