Sunday, May 18

Me to the Rescue! (Scary Thought I Know)


So the funniest thing I could think of to blog about was that I got a text message from my sister on Wednesday asking what my plans were for Thursday. I didn't have much of anything to do after some appointments that I had that day, so I headed over to her house on my way back from Bountiful. She told me that she needed help fixing her hair, because she had gone to get her highlights touched up from a long overdue appointment. The gal that did her hair was a little overzealous with the blonde and ended up making my sister (or so she thinks) like a Play Boy Bunny Blonde. I told my sister that all I could think of was something called a toner, since the damage was already done by bleaching it. Basically toner is a concoction of chemicals that will help tone down your hair and make it come out a little less bright, without having to dye your hair all over again. My sister must've thought it was bad enough, so we went to Sally Beauty Supply and bought some toner and creme developer. We came home to her house and I put the toner in and sat and waited. Then while my sister and I had been styling her hair to make sure that everything turned out alright, I noticed that the hairstylist hadn't cut her hair evenly. That was the moment in time that I wish my hair experience was more that just that of home hair care! So my sister left me to take care of her kids while she ran back to get it fixed. Luckily the manager of the hair place recognized Katie from the day before and helped to smooth out the unevenness of her hair,and Katie came home. Then I was looking at her hair again, and the gal must have been blind because the bottom was NOT even at all. So my sister (exhibiting more than her share of faith in me) handed me a pair of scissors and told me to fix it. So I did. Like my sister said in her blog, it is sad that I as a sign language interpreter was able to fix her hair without any real experience in hair styling.

Other than that, there is really nothing new in the adoption/foster parenting arena. Just waiting and waiting!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh! You shouldn't think less of yourself about your talent as a beautician. You always have a good eye of what looks good on people. :) Obviously, not all barbers have talent! :)

Katie is lucky to have your help. :)

Kurt & Rachel Keyser said...

Rachelle once showed up on our doorstep with bright orange hair (obviously not on purpose). It just reminded me of your hair troubles. Funny thing is she had to run to her job at Nordstrom. :)