Sunday, June 8

Playing Cinderella... with OCD


I have seriously spent more than 3/4 of my weekend cleaning bathrooms, mopping floors, scrubbing walls, moving furniture, vacuuming, dusting, organizing, shampooing my carpets, and running around like a chicken with my head cut off! I have paid more attention to how I clean which really means something if you know my family and how most of us are germaphobes! I can't stand having a dirty house. It does happen from time to time that it gets cluttered when I work long hours but it quickly puts me into what I like to call "Cinderella" mode and I clean the house from top to bottom.

But with this home study tomorrow it's been more like Cinderella with OCD/on crack mode when it comes to getting everything done. I stayed up until 2 am Friday night (can you tell I have no life?) cleaning house. I wiped down the inside of my kitchen drawers, organized my medicine cabinet that now has to be locked to meet Utah's Foster Care guidelines, I shampooed the same area of carpet probably 5 times (the area where Lexi has messed the carpet a few more times than I would like to admit), and organized out the yin-yang closets and cabinets. Then I went back and re-vacuumed the house today, and used a rag to get all the hair from me getting ready this morning in the bathroom. It's been interesting to say the least.

I just hope that all this work will be to our benefit. I don't really think it's possible that we will fail this inspection because we have had to jump through so many hoops just to get to this point. But you never know what could happen!

This week is going to be busy, I have a UTRID (Utah Registry of Interpreter's for the Deaf) conference from Wednesday to Saturday! I am excited for it!