Wednesday, January 14

Random Ramblings...

The boys will be awake soon, so I am typing this without much organized thought! (what else is new??)

As of late our lives have been pretty uneventful. I am one of those people that reads other people's blogs and thinks their lives are sure a lot more exciting than mine!

It has been cool to see the boys make some progress when it comes to their development since they have come in to our home! The baby is getting ready to crawl because he just can't stand having something just out of his reach. He gets up on all fours and rocks back and forth several times. He is as smiley as ever. He has toned down the high pitched squealing, for which I and my strained eardrums are so very grateful! He really enjoys being in the exer-saucer that my sister lent us. With our help in putting him in the sitting up position, he is sitting up much longer on his own now, hopefully enjoying that new perspective of the world. Being our little roly-poly is still his main method for exploring and getting around the house. He is a lot more vocal than he was when he first came to us as well. He is a delight to have around!

Hunter is doing really well too! He is signing SO much and is learning to understand when Brandon only signs and doesn't speak to him at all. I am starting to sign to him more as well. Hunter is pretty darn obedient for a 2 year old. He helps clean up his toys with out being asked, he gets things that I need if I ask him, and he knows when to throw his wrappers from snacks away, and puts his dishes in the sink when he is done eating as well without being asked! Hopefully this isn't just a phase! He is talking a lot more, and has started both signing to himself and singing to himself in the car. Most of the time it's just gibberish, but it's adorable too! He loves to sing songs with me in the car or just whenever.

Brandon and I are doing great as well. I haven't worked for a while because of not wanting to work during the holidays, and waiting for Brandon to figure out his schedule as a Deaf Mentor that will take up a couple of nights a week. I am still working out a few nights a week, so if I have to in order to keep up this habit, I will hire a babysitter to take care of the kids during the day while I go jog at the gym. Brandon's basketball team for the Deaf that he has been involved with since before we were even married started practices this week. They are all the way down in Salt Lake City, but it's an outlet for him which is great. He loves basketball and the association with others it brings him. He goes and plays when he can with my ward's men's basketball team, which means there are people that know him better than they know me.

I miss working full-time as an interpreter. What I miss most is the wonderful people that I worked for and with. I don't miss the commuting though. And I LOVE wearing jeans everyday instead of work clothes! It's a definite plus. Being a mom in any form or fashion is never boring or mundane. Even if this is just a temporary situation, or if it turns out to be a long term one I am grateful for these little boys. This is definitely one of the hardest things I have ever done, but also one of the most rewarding. I have just loved hearing Hunter call me "mommy" and see him learn and grow in just a short time. I enjoy hearing the baby laugh and coo. I can't stand the dirty diapers, the drooling, the tantrums, etc. But being a mother in any way is never easy or glamorous. (I would just love to see Hollywood moms do it full time without their nannies and servants to see how unglamorous it really is to them) I am thankful to have a wonderful and supportive husband that allows me to have the outlet of going out to the gym for not only my physical health but my mental health as well! He comes home from long days at work eats with the family, then helps get the boys ready for bed and supports me going to work out for a couple hours. Not every husband does that. I couldn't do this all by myself, and he is just my rock in so many respects!

Enough of the schmoozing on about the husband, but I am also grateful for comments received when looking for advice! Love to all y'all!

No comments: