Monday, March 23

Catching Up

It's been a little while since I last posted anything, but want to thank y'all for leaving the encouraging (mostly encouraging) comments to help me keep blogging.

Lots of things have gone unblogged about that I don't want to forget mentioning.

I can't believe that it's already been a month since my wonderful Mama came in to town for a short visit! It was great having her here. She spent the first couple of days with my sister, and then came to meet the boys and stay with us for a few days. There is one thing that I can honestly say about my mother. She is one of the greatest joys in my life. She has one of the kindest hearts of anyone that I know. She also has one of those personalities that is just contagious. One thing that I actually have in common with this incredible lady is that we both laugh VERY easily, and this is one of my very favorite things about her. She and I had many good laughs while she was here. Another thing that happened while she was here is that I learned a lot from her in how to take care of little ones, because I mean hey, I have only been doing this for about 4 months. She had a LOT more patience with the boys than me and she just knew how to take care of them as much as she knows how to breathe in air. I hope someday that I can be that way. I am grateful that she is my mother, and one of my very best friends.

Another fun thing that happened about 2 weeks ago was that I went down to Salt Lake one night to go to my good friend Amber's 27th birthday party! It was mostly supposed to be a girls' night out with the exception of a couple of guys that came, but it was SO much fun! It was just what I needed... a night to myself surrounded by some very good friends. I hadn't seen some of the people that were there for a very long time so it was an awesome opportunity to be able to catch up with them. Amber is one of the finest people that I know in my life. She has an incredible faith in God, and that just radiates from her any time that I am around her. I am grateful also to have her as a friend, and am glad to know that it doesn't matter how much life and time pass by, she is still a wonderful friend!

This past Saturday night we had a couple of our friends from college come up for dinner, Gary and Emmalee! Brandon and Emmalee both work for USDB as Deaf Mentors and had an all day conference they attended up at the main campus. After they were done there, Gary drove up from Salt Lake to meet us all at the Costa Vida in downtown Ogden. As always the food was delicious and we watched the indoor surfers and indoor skydivers. That never gets old. We had a great time talking it up with our friends and enjoyed their company. The boys were very well-behaved too which made our lives easier.

Lastly I got an email from my Diabetes support group leader, and she said that there wasn't really a topic being taught for tomorrow night, and asked if anyone would be willing to teach or talk about a certain topic. I emailed her back and said that I wouldn't mind helping out, so we will see how that goes! I need to do some research and stop blogging! So that's all that has been going on with us lately, but it sure has been fun and memorable!

No comments: