Monday, May 18

Ran a 5k? Yeah... Not So Much


Last Saturday I drove my fat apple down to Draper to the city park to run in a 5K benefitting children who are Deaf. I was really looking forward to it since I have gotten to the point where I am jogging over 4 miles now and doing it comfortably. So I get there and see TONS of people that I know from the Deaf Community before the race. They had announcements and explained how the course was set up for the 5k. They told us that there would be 2 places to grab water as you jogged by. Well needless to say I never saw 2 places to pick up water. They neglected to mention that we had a specific place to turn in order to make the run a giant circle, meaning most of the runners ended up jogging 4.4 miles instead of the intended 3!


I was incredibly fortunate to run in to an old friend of mine from USU. She and I ended up jogging together until the finish line. I just knew as we were jogging that it had to have been longer than 3 miles, and needless to say we found out VERY quickly that there had been a mistake! The only thing I can say about that was that it was great to run a new trail with a good old friend! My time was consistent with my personal jogs that I do a few times a week. I am just so grateful for my iPod, because music is what gets me going and keeps me motivated on my jogs.


So even though I ran much further than anticipated, it was a great feeling to know I ran that far unintenionally! Great day and great workout!

1 comment:

Kurt & Rachel Keyser said...

Congrats! I couldn't do a 5k or for sure anything longer!