Monday, June 4

Just the Beginning!

Well here ya go. I got this idea of finally coming into the 21st century after my friend Shelly started her blog. There are just so many people that I have lost contact with and would love to hear from.

The last year has been pretty eventful for us. I graduated from Utah State University in May 2006, and Brandon got an internship with Flying J Headquarters in Ogden, Utah. Ogden was the LAST place that I ever thought or wanted to end up, but we moved here with only a weeks notice! The city of Ogden is very diverse in people and in history. If you live in central Ogden, you kind of have to watch your back and keep one eye open when you sleep at night, but if you live in North or South Ogden, you live in a much safer and prettier place.

Our apartment that we lived in for the first 8 months was a pit. We didn't have much time to look for housing, so we put in a deposit in the only place we could afford at the time. So needless to say, we were glad to get out of there! There were many interesting people that lived there. We came across a duplex in early late October and we were blessed to be let out of our lease early at the apartment we were living in, and then moved at the first of December to our new place! It was quite an upgrade for us since we have always lived in apartments the size of a sardine can. My favorite thing about where we are is that it is close to everything! Especially shopping!

Brandon graduated in December from USU and then was offered a full time job with Flying J in their IT Department. He travels from time to time, and I worked this last school year as an Educational Interpreter for the Deaf, and I FINALLY got my certification from the State of UT to be able to interpret in the community. I am learning a lot, and am blessed to have the ability to do what I love.

The newest addition to our family, meaning Lexi our dog keeps us busy. She is a 4 yr old pure bred Rat Terrier. But the Dopf side of the family think that she looks like a fruit bat. She has those huge ears. She only weighs about 6 lbs. She is just fun to have around. When I get a chance, I will post some pics of her and let you make your own opinion.

Well that is about as exciting as it gets around here. I hope you all tune in from time to time, because unlike many other ideas of mine, I plan to stick with this one!

Love to you all!

Lisa

No comments: