Thursday, June 7

Happy Thursday!

Well here I sit, late at night. It has been a long day of working in Salt Lake City, and I am pooped! I never thought that I would be doing laundry late at night like I did in college, but in now living the life of a free lance interpreter, I am feeling just the slightest feeling of deja vu.

Speaking of my job, I am loving it. For those who really know me having the same predictable work schedule is not exactly befitting to my personality! At heart I am a very free spirit and spontaneous person! So in free lancing, I am able to have an unpredictable schedule, but get paid to have it! I am able to meet people from all walks of life (yes even here in Utah that is still possible!), I am able to learn on a continual basis, and best of all: do what I love! I spend a lot of time in the car, but I don't mind it too much if there isn't tons of traffic, and due to the fact that my car has a 6 cd changer! So I can rock out to my favorite burned cds and other cds.

What is also new and exciting (and nerve wracking as well and only those who are LDS will understand this new undertaking) but I have just been called to serve as the Relief Society Pres in the deaf branch my husband and I attend. To be quite honest, when the Branch Pres asked me all I could do was laugh! I was so shocked that I was only able to react by laughing! I just felt very intimidated because I am the youngest one in the branch by at least 4 years! But it will all work out, I will just have to exercise faith!

Brandon left last Tuesday morning to fly to Saint Louis, Missouri in order to take care of some business stuff for Flying J. It was a last minute thing, but he was anxious to go and see a new place and learn some more stuff about his job. I know he enjoys it because it is something out of the ordinary desk job routine that he typically has every day. So it has just been Lexi and I, so I feel terrible leaving her home alone all day, but she is SO good! It has been fun having it be just her and I, and she gets really excited when I come home!

Well other than that, Brandon and I are just planning and saving for our trip to Southern California in about 2 1/2 weeks. Since Brandon served his LDS mission there, he knows his way around the city of San Diego really well, so he won't have to depend on his clueless wife to tell him where to go from a map! Our plans are to do everything that is fun to do there: Sea World, The San Diego zoo, Old Town, Balboa Park, La Jolla beach, and visiting people that he loves from his mission. So it will be exciting to FINALLY get away from the hum drum of life! I will post picks after we get back.

This has been a long message, but hopefully for those of you who care, it has let you into our lives a little more.

I think of many of you often, and hope and pray that you are well and happy. I am sorry that I haven't kept in contact, so post a message if you have the time and I will read it!

Take care everybody!

Lisa

No comments: