Friday, August 3

AUGUST ALREADY??!!

Well here we are folks... it's August! Time flies when you are having fun!

I hope you all are keeping cool in the midst of this hotter than H%&$ summer! Not having any air conditioning in our car has been quite an adventure! It makes me appreciate the few precious moments of the day when I get out of the shower and feel clean! The sweating starts during my getting ready in the morning, and continues until I get home at night from working. It really makes me think about how the heck people did it 100 years ago! I don't know if I could have done that. I am a little too spoiled in our day and age.

Well since it has been our summer for spontaneous spoilage, (all the car boo boo's, apartment ac going out, etc) I guess the Man upstairs didn't think that was enough! I went into my weekly Cinderella mode, and decided to vacuum our house. I plugged our 3 year old Dirt Devil vacuum, and it didn't take long for me to realize that it sucked, or actually, it didn't. I then within seconds smelled the often occurring burning rubber smell that usually meant that the belt that helped spin the brush wheel needed to be replaced. In the 3 years that we have had that, occasionally the belt would burn and it was 3 bucks for replacements at Walmart. It was our frame of mind that it was cheaper to just replace the belt and the vac would work just fine and dandy! For a limited time. This time, I disassembled the part of the vacuum to replace the belt, and I found that the belt had a mind of its own this time... it decided to melt itself onto the wheel, thus preventing me from replacing the little sucker! I couldn't do anything but laugh! I just thought about the last couple of months with financial bloopers, and it was either to react with laughter, or crying and swearing. I chose the former, thank goodness. I just looked heavenward and asked "You just had to throw me another curve ball didn't You?" So needless to say, Brandon and I went and bought a replacement for our vacuum. It was one of those "biting the bullet" moments along with the many others that we have had this summer. I immediately called my mom and told her about it, and we had a good laugh because it really has been "one of those" summers. My sister Katie found my misfortune quite amusing as well.

Today I took Lexi to the groomer's because she needed her teeth brushed (she had some serious DEMON breath) and her nails clipped (something that can be compared to pulling teeth) which is something we leave to the Heaven sent professionals! For those of you that haven't met our dog, she gets really excited when we ask "Do you wanna go Lexi?" She will start to jump up and down and get really excited to get out of the house. She also really enjoys car rides. It was a short ride though since we just went to the nearby groomer's. As soon as we got there, she didn't want to go inside because she knew what was about to happen. It was really cute because she was trying so hard not to be drug into the shop. Well if you have any idea what dogs go through in there, you wouldn't want to be subjected to that type of thing either! I think that if someone tried to clean my rear like they do in there, I would give someone a black eye!

Well, that is about as exciting as it gets at our house! AT LEAST FOR NOW!

Heaven only knows what tomorrow will bring!

1 comment:

Kurt & Rachel Keyser said...

Lexi is definately Bronx's mom...he loves the car and "to go" anywhere!