Monday, October 8

Harry Potter Procrastinator!

The last 2 weeks have been the beginning of my love affair with the Harry Potter books. I am way too many years behind in this international phenomena, but hey better late than never! I just thought that I would pick up the 1st book while walking through Wal-mart one day, and decided to read it. I fell in love! I am now in the middle of the 4th book, and loving every minute! It's not a book easily put down.

Hmm.... let's see. A week and a half ago, my friend Angie and I met in downtown SLC in order to participate in the "Step Out for Diabetes" walk. It was something I had been looking forward to, and haha, of course the morning of, it was rainy and FREEZING! We got to the "this is the place heritage park" and immediately after we got out of Angie's car, the wind picked up and it started sprinkling! The first thought in my head was, "I am paying $15 for this??"

We went ahead and registered, got the free t-shirt, and got breakfast which was a cold white bread bagel with cream cheese on it. I couldn't help but think of all the carbs they were giving out at a Diabetes walk! You would think that the organizers for a diabetes event would have been a little smarter not to only have pure sugar drinks and white bread for breakfast! I just grabbed my usual bottled water!

The rain steadily got worse, as did the wind and I thought I would freeze clear to the bone! We ran and got in Angie's car to thaw out as much as possible before the actual walk began, and it felt wonderful! We joked that if we didn't participate in the walk, then that would have been a $15 dollar bagel, so we decided to tough it out. When all was said and done, it was a cool experience! I really enjoyed it because we were able to get free stuff at the end of the walk, as well as a free admission to the Hogle Zoo!

Lately it has come of interest to Brandon and I to start looking at homes in the Ogden area. We have had to be careful about some of the addresses we look at, because we wouldn't want to buy a home in areas of Ogden that help give it the nickname as the "ARMPIT" of Utah. We just want to get a feel for the pricing of the homes in our area, which happens to be a much nicer part of the Ogden area. (The entire city is not a dump, as many in the Utah population seem to think) We have been renting for just over 3 years now, and we are just sick of having our hard earned money being used to fatten someone else's wallet. So if we find our dream for a starter house, we will keep you all posted. But like I said, when it comes right down to it, we haven't made the etched in stone decision.

Well this was definitely one of those longer episodes of dopfdetails, but hey these posts open the window of our lives so you all can be somewhat involved!

Love to all y'all!

Lisa

1 comment:

Tim and Mary said...

Oh yes, the Harry Potter books rock. Have fun reading them!