Saturday, September 22

Thankful....

Once again, it is a Saturday night, and I am home alone watching "Flip that House", while Brandon is out on another man date with his good friend Craig. They went to the Utah State football game tonight, so I hope the game is going well and was well worth the drive! (ahem, this is USU I'm talking about) ;)

Today I spent most of the day with the sisters that are in the Relief Society, where we signed up to bring food and signed up to make some fun crafts. The food was great, and the crafts were fun too. I am always looking for opportunities to decorate my house with cool things that also happen to be affordable. It's also a plus when I can say that I made something myself, when in all actuality, I have never been very artsy fartsy. (Brandon has brought it to my attention that I tend to be more fartsy than artsy). So I made a glass block thingy that says "faith, hope and love" on it, and a wooden plaque thingamabobber too.

I am grateful for this opportunity that I have to be able to have my calling as Relief Society Pres in the branch that Brandon and I attend. I am learning so much from the wonderful sisters that I work with. I have the best counselors in the world. As I spend more time with the people, I am getting to know them better, and my love for them is growing. I am thankful to be able to associate with truly loving, and at times very bluntly honest people. This has really been an opportunity for me to come out of my "shell". I am usually a very selfish person when it comes to how I spend my time, but with more and more opportunities that I have for serving others, the more I grow to love them and I forget about my own struggles in life.

Well, I had better go and accomplish some late evening house cleaning! This is an opportunity to get is accomplished with out any interruptions!

Love to you all (those of you who actually still tune in to the occasional episodes of dopfdetails!)

1 comment:

Tim and Mary said...

Hey, I just wanted to let you know that I really enjoy reading your blog and seeing what you're up to those days. :) It makes me feel like we're kinda still in touch. I'm bad with keeping in touch. Sorry. ;) Check out my blog and see our cute kid pics. Our love to you and Brandon.