Sunday, December 9

Lazy Sunday!

Hey there y'all!

Today is Sunday and it's only 5:15 and I am already ready for bed! I seriously could fall asleep now. But I won't, because then I won't sleep tonight before my big day tomorrow! I am having an outpatient procedure tomorrow on my nose. I have a deviated septum, and some tissue in my nose issues that my Dr. is going to take care of. I have heard that nose surgery is not fun at all, but I just want to get this over with and get better ASAP! So keep Brandon in y'all's prayers for having to take care of me and put up with me this week as I recover!

Other than that, life has been pretty uneventful. We got some snow again, finally enabling all the ski resorts to open. They were getting pretty worried about not having that much snow for some prime skiing time.

It has been WICKED cold here in Utah lately. It seems that with each passing year, I get increasingly more sensitive to the cold. It's not fun at all! I am always cold here in the winter, and try as I might, I can not get warm! But even with all the cold, snow, and ice, I am really looking forward to the Christmas season! I love seeing all the lights and decorations everywhere I go.

Oh, last Saturday was my 3rd Anniversary since I was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes. It may sound a little nuts, but every year Brandon and I go out to dinner, or out for a fun date to mark the date. I know that some of you are probably thinking that we are off our rocker for doing that because it is not something to celebrate, but for us, it was a day that changed our lives forever. So we went to Good Wood and I ate my fave: baby back ribs, and Utah's definition of a Texas Brisket, and it was a lot of fun. Then we went down to downtown Ogden, (yes in the dark of night) and walked around and took a gander at the lights and displays that Ogden City puts up every year. It was absolutely freezing, but we had fun.

A few weeks ago when Brandon's parents were down visiting from Idaho, I bought a picture of the Houston Temple, and I finally put it into a frame, and mounted it on the wall, as well as a picture that was taken of Brandon and I on the beach in San Diego over the summer. Since we are renters we try to make our duplex's white walls look more homey with pictures.

Yesterday was fun, I was able to make the gifts I plan to send to my family for Christmas! I have never been really artsy fartsy, but I got the idea from a gathering I went to, and I had to go to a friend's house yesterday to make the gifts! They turned out really well. I liked them so much that I decided to keep one for myself!

Well, that's about it from our end! I hope that everyone who reads this is doing well. I think about many of you often and hope that you are recipients of life's greatest blessings, and that you are all happy, especially during this wonderful time of year. My love goes out to each of you!

Love all y'all!

Lisa

No comments: