Tuesday, January 15

What are the ODDS?

Okay, so the last couple have days have truly attested to the fact that things are back in full swing in the interpreting world! I have been up to my ears in appointments!

Well in regards to the title of my post, I have had an interesting couple of days. At church on Sunday, I managed without any anticipation or absolutely no intention whatsoever to be called un-Christlike! I have just come to the conclusion, that no matter what capacity one serves in, within my faith, there is always going to be someone, (usually it's the same person) that gets offended no matter what you say. It doesn't matter how tactful, how good of an intention I have, or how nicely, or how big I smile when I say it, I am darned it I do, and vice versa.

Then yesterday, I was enjoying some down time between appointments in Salt Lake City, and I went to the Gateway mall to kill some of the extra time. I turned to pull into some of their covered parking, and there was a guy in a Jeep Cherokee in front of me, trying to take the ticket that is given to you from the machine that spits them out at the time you drive up. He had pulled in at a funny angle and was trying to put his car in reverse so that he could pull in again at a better angle to reach out and get the ticket. The problem was that I couldn't exactly reverse my car into the moving traffic outside. So he put his reverse lights on, and I just honked to remind him that I was behind him, and he pulled back into forward and then proceeded to back up again and I honked again. He then realized that he was going to have to open his door and physically get out of his car to get the stupid ticket so that the gate would go up and let him into the parking area. The thing was is that he got out of his car and looked at me and called me a "DUMB A$$"! I couldn't believe it! I sat there in absolute shock! He was the dummy that was going to back in to me!

So with both of these happenings, I went for 2 days straight (albeit in very different situations) with being called two very serious things! I mean seriously... what ARE THE ODDS? These things I felt were completely unprovoked and unwarranted! But oh well. Like I said, people are going to take offense, and are going to get mad even when it's their fault!

I hope that I don't come across as not taking responsibility for my own actions, because I own up to the fact when I am wrong. These happenings were just kind of interesting! I honestly didn't know what to say (which really means something if you know me well!).

On a happier note, February 3rd brings the Diabetes Expo to Salt Lake City, and I am going to volunteer! I am going to work the morning shift, and then later that afternoon I am going to bring Brandon to go to all the booths for myself. I am not quite sure what I am going to be doing exactly, possibly registration but I told them that I would love to work anywhere there is going to be people! I am really looking forward to this opportunity. It's nice to see people who have the same struggles that I have and face everyday! This can also be said of my Diabetes Support group that I go to every month in Salt Lake down on the University of Utah campus.

That's all for now! Thanks for letting me vent! Love y'all!

No comments: