Saturday, January 12

Day of (Much Needed) Rest!

Okay, so today isn't quite Sunday which is known as the "Day of Rest", but hey today is one of those days.

I have been lounging around today. I slept in, got up and showered, then watched tv and surfed the net for a while. I came to my blog and realized that there wasn't a picture of me, so if you look to the right, there's me. Hope I didn't blind anyone!

Well there is some exciting news from the Voorhees side of the family (my family). Last Monday night, my oldest sister Jenny gave birth to her two healthy fraternal twins! Little Luke Douglas Rollins was born weighing in at 5 lbs 7 oz, with blonde hair and what may turn out to be blue eyes. Then Reagan Jean Rollins was born weighing in at 5 lbs 3 oz! She has a head of dark hair, and right now we don't know fully what color her eyes will be. Between the two of them, Luke looks strongly like a Voorhees, and Reagan definitely has the traits of a Rollins, just like their older daughter Caroline who is a proud big sister! We are absolutely thrilled that everything and everyone is doing well! My mom is there helping out and loving the opportunity to be a grandma again for the 4th and 5th times! And of course I can't wait to meet them when it comes time for their baby blessing!

Also, earlier this week we received a good foot of snow in only a few hours here in Ogden. I had driven to Salt Lake City for work, and it snowed off and on there all day, but when it came time to come home, the roads were clear until about 15 minutes away from home. When I drove into my neighborhood, the roads were COVERED in snow. People were getting stuck just trying to either back out of their driveways, or trying to get in. I tried to drive into my own driveway, and failed miserably! The front of our Neon got stuck in the huge pile of snow! So after swallowing my pride (or stupidity if you want to call it that) I got out of my car, schlepped my way through all the deep snow, and came inside to change my clothes. As I opened my door I saw that my neighbors had already crossed the street from their own mountains of snow to help dig the Neon out, as well as shovel my driveway! I was so grateful that this was not a daunting task that I would have had to face myself! In about 10 minutes, my car was under the carport and the driveway was cleared! Thank goodness for neighbors!

I went earlier this week as well to get my hair cut. This was something that sorely needed to be done. About 2 months ago I put my hair through hell dyeing it what I thought was going to be a pretty dark auburn, but turned out to be like a punk rocker maroon. I tried dyeing it again, this time it went a funny dark brown color with red splotches everywhere. So to my horror, I did what I swore I would never do... I bought hair bleach. Let's just say that this was quite the harrowing experience. The time of torture was a Saturday night, and I realized that the box said not to dye my hair for about 24 hours after bleaching it. So I had to go to church Sunday morning with splotchy orange and yellow hair! Needless to say, almost 24 hours to the time I had bleached it, I was dyeing it back to brown. There is more to the story of hair horrors, but I had to cut off some of the now dead and overly fried ends of my hair. As I was explaining this story to gal who cut my hair, she said that she was pretty surprised my hair wasn't worse off. I am just thankful that it didn't fall out! What a pretty image that is putting in your minds!

Really other than that there is nothing really new and exciting in our lives. I was told earlier this week that I would be getting more hours for work. I am excited about this, and really thanking my lucky stars, because we got the bills for my nose surgery, and just like the way I was after surgery, they weren't pretty. So we will be happy to pay them off much sooner than previously thought.

Well, that's about it for now.... Love y'all!

1 comment:

Kurt & Rachel Keyser said...

I need to dye my hair...but now I'm scared too! :)