Saturday, February 16

Snow, Snow, Go AWAY! Come back another day! (Or how about year!!)

In the last month, we have been up to our ears in snow (better snow than crap!). It is getting really old. While it is beautiful when the whole world is fresh, white, and bright outside, now is the period of time when people are either wishing for more snow to cover the old, crusty and dirty snow, or just trying to wish it away period. Everywhere in the valley looks gray and foreboding. The mountains are still gorgeous though.

Something that has come to our attention is the desperate need for new tires on our Neon. At times while I am driving, it feels like I am in the icecapades. I have seriously nearly gotten into probably 10 or 12 accidents in the last month or two because our tires are in need of replacing. I feel like there has seriously been the hand of a Higher Power on my side as I have driven in seriously crazy weather. I have had a few scares! God be thanked nothing serious has happened.

Other news I have decided to share is that we are now looking for a new job for Brandon! While Brandon and I have been grateful for the straight out of college hiring that Brandon's job gave us, and the invaluable experience it has given Brandon; we are not satisfied with the benefits (or nearly the lack thereof), and the failure of his company to give him the pay, recognition, and help of more people to help him run his team in the IT department. The pressure and responsibility keep piling on but the pay is still the same, and the benefits are not any better. So we are actively searching for other careers in the same field. So if y'all get wind of anything, let us know!

We know that possibly getting another job might even mean moving out of Utah, but that is also something that we feel totally open to doing if the price was right. We really want to stay somewhere in the West, because this is where our family is. Now that my parents are closer, we'd really like to stay in the West. And as much as I love the agency that I am working for, sometimes you have to sacrifice the things that we love so that we can move on to better things! So we will see what happens!

3 comments:

Kurt & Rachel Keyser said...

Good luck on the job hunt! Have Brandon sign up on Linkedin.com , Kurt has lots of tech contacts...maybe someone might match?

Kurt Keyser said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kurt Keyser said...

Lisa,

You need to have Brandon e-mail me his resume and have him update his profile on LinkedIn.com. I'm hearing all kinds of positive things about the security/surveillance industry out here and would like to help him get started. Has he considered the government?