Sunday, June 15

Great Week, on ALL Accounts!

This week was a little busy for me!

Monday was our home study. Tuesday was work and more work. Wednesday was work and driving to SLC for the kick off of the UTRID conference for interpreters. Instead of driving back and forth with the crazy gas prices, I stayed with my wonderful friend/3rd sister Amber. She lives fairly close to the Deaf Center where the workshops and conference were taking place, so I took full advantage of being able to see her, and attend the conference as well! It was a blast! I learned so many new things, and saw so many people that I hadn't crossed paths with for a while. While I was gone, I am sure that Brandon was able to enjoy being a "bachelor" again, and to come and go as he pleased. I sure enjoyed having my own bed for a few days! I often would check in with Brandon through text messages or what have you and I got a VERY pleasant and happy surprise that we ALREADY had received our foster parenting license in the mail! I was thrilled!

In other news, I haven't said much of anything, but with some recent developments in jumping through the hoops of dealing with foster care, and everything else, there is a list of possible things that could happen as a result of trying to get Taylor. We have been prepared emotionally and mentally almost from the beginning of it all, but we have really tried to remain positive and just hope for the best for everything to work out. We have done everything we could possibly think of to do. Now it is up to the courts to decide Taylor's future. I am glad that months or even years after all this is done and over with, that I won't have to look back and regret or second guess anything that we have done.

No comments: