Monday, July 14

In Celebration, We Made It to the Waterfall!

Saturday was Brandon's 26th Birthday! So now is that little moment in time that I want to take to express my love and appreciation to the love of my life! I love you Brandon and I am SO grateful to have you as my best friend in this life. You are such a patient and loving person! (Especially to live and put up with me!) You are my favorite person to hang out with, and you make me laugh almost constantly! I would have our marriage no other way!

To celebrate Brandon's birthday, we went for a hike up Taylor Canyon just above Ogden to a waterfall! The description of the hike was "moderate" in difficulty. Well let's just say that it totally kicked my butt! The first part isn't so bad, and then the rest is up a rocky hill! But what really helped was that most of the path was in the shade with the mountain stream running close by, or even right next to the path at most points! I thought I wasn't going to make it. I am so out of shape from being sick for a week and not running for a while. It was embarrassing when little kids and their older parents were passing us by on the way up. I didn't let that get me down though, I knew that I wanted to do this! Brandon was amazingly patient with me might I add! It was totally worth getting up there when we saw the waterfall! What a great way to be together!

After we got home we went to Garcia's in Layton, and then went to Marie Callendar's for Brandon to get a fat slice of his all time fave: coconut cream pie! What a great day!




No comments: