Saturday, August 30

Getting Ready for the Near Future

I haven't posted anything for a while. My life has been pretty uneventful and mundane. I started back to work in full swing last week and the week before. I think this week has been the busiest since I started as a free-lance interpreter! I even went to Evanston, Wyoming for an appointment this week! I have been all over between here in Ogden and Salt Lake City. My poor car is getting some TLC this weekend at the shop with a new timing belt, tire rotation and balance, and a full inspection to see if there is anything else they would recommend (though we may not listen if they are not fully honest).

I signed up about a month ago for the Wasatch Woman Run that will be this coming Saturday. The option was to sign up for either the 5K or the 10K. For anyone that knows me and how I run like an old granny (hey, at least I am moving right??) I totally signed up for the 5K. I am anxious to do it, though my preparation for it has been a little rough. I started jogging religiously every night after work for a couple of weeks, and then got sick, twice. So this morning Brandon and I dropped the car off at the shop, and then rode the bike down to a trail where we jogged most of it one way, and then walked some of it. Jogging for me has a few purposes: to help me control my diabetes better, to lose some weight, and de-stress. I can already jog over a mile and a half without really getting too winded, but oh boy, I am worrying about the 2nd mile and a half that I am not used to doing.

In other news, we have finally set up a meeting with our Resource Family Consultant for next Wednesday in order to get to know her a little better and discuss what types of children we are open to bringing into our home. We are excited about this because it will be one step closer to becoming foster parents! I will post after that meeting to tell how it went! We are excited!

No comments: