Wednesday, September 3

Added to the LIST!

Today was our meeting with our resource family consultant! She came over at 5 pm and sat down with us to ask us questions. We were asked the following:

RFC: Do you prefer boys or girls?
US: Either one!
RFC: That's great! It seems like everyone is waiting for a baby girl, so we will keep you mind for both!

RFC: What nationality/races are you willing to bring into your home?
US: We are open to anything!

RFC: Are you willing to take any children with medial medical problems?
US: Such as..?
RFC: Children with asthma, deafness (DUH!), blindness, drug babies experiencing withdrawals? US: All of the above, except for blind.
RFC: Great! I will keep you in mind for any Deaf babies or children then...

RFC: I am so glad that you guys aren't weird or anything, because sometimes when I go into people's homes, I get the feeling that maybe they are a little different, but you guys seem to be great. (little does she know!!) So I will be more likely to place a baby with you both instead of families that are kind of on my "weird" list. (maybe you had to be there when she said this, because we all just laughed. She was totally cool!)

That's the gist of what happened. She asked us other questions but those were the more critical ones! We are finally officially on the waiting list for a placement! Hooray!

3 comments:

Katie Voorhees said...

What kind of social worker is she if she thinks you folks are normal? We need to double check her credentials. :)

Rochelle Barlow said...

I second Katie's suggestion

Tanya Wilde said...

I think that is so wonderful and I'm so excited for you guys! I think the Lord has prepared you two to be such great special parents to His little angles that need love. Not very many people have the guts, nor the ability to do what you will be doing soon. Yay! BTW..you are VERY spayshull. (: