Monday, January 19

Another Funny One


So anyone that knows me incredibly well knows that I grew up in a house where belching was a competitive sport. The ironic thing about this was there were all girls in our family. So needless to say our dad taught us well. So maybe I am outing myself on this one and I know that you have to be extremely privileged (or not) to ever hear me express myself in this fashion. I myself have to get to an extreme level of comfort with you before you EVER hear me do this.

So now you are asking why I would write all this on a blog that a mere handful of people actually read? Because that is just it, I know not that many people read this (or maybe I am blissfully unaware that people actually DO read this). Here's the point of this blog entry:

Today was a day spent mostly at home. When it came time for the boys to wake up from their afternoon naps, I decided I was going to throw them and myself into the car and go to Albertson's to restock my supply of Diet Dr Pepper, and Hunter's fruit snacks. The underlying reason for this was that I also simply needed to get out of the house for my sanity, or what's left of it anyway....

We get in and out of the store and then go for a little drive around our neighborhood looking for any new houses on the market. On the way home, I was drinking a Diet DP when I let out this awesome burp. Hunter used to laugh when I burped, but now all I heard from the back seat stated very matter of factly was:

"Mommy burp!"

I thought about this for a moment and couldn't help but laugh at this! I must do it more than I realize (well for heaven's sake, Diet Dr Pepper has become a staple at our house) because it doesn't even phase him anymore.

So now all the 2 of you that actually read this probably think I am horrible and crass for this, but hey what can I say?

3 comments:

Tammie said...

You make me laugh! And I have heard a few of your belches and I can say; you would totally beat anyone I know! I love you!

Jen said...

We, as your family, are so proud to call you ours! You go girl!

Melinda said...

Awesome. :)