Saturday, January 3

Holiday Recap

It amazes me how fast time goes by when the holidays are passing and the focus of taking care of two boys is on the forefront of my mind (what's left of it anyway).

The holidays at our house were pretty laid back, even taking into consideration there were two little extra people with our family this year. Our original plans were to drive up to Cambridge, Idaho where Brandon is from, but since we got the boys so last minute our plans had to change. Luckily things worked out for my in-laws to drive down and spend Christmas with us. And what an incredibly white Christmas it was for us! We couldn't believe all the snow we got!

Preparing for Christmas was especially fun this year. Brandon and I got a night away from the kids to go spend some extra money that was sent by my parents and grandparents in order to buy some toys for the boys. It was fun opening gifts with Hunter our 2 year old because he loved the toys he got. He wanted to open them all completely before moving on to the next toy. The baby could have cared less what was going on of course!

The Friday after Christmas my in-laws, my bro in-law, Brandon and Hunter rode the Front Runner down to Salt Lake to go to Temple Square to see the lights. I stayed home with the baby since he had been fighting a cold, and I knew that the weather was going to be freezing. It gave me the opportunity to write a talk for church, and to just spend some time and energy on the baby! It was a relaxing evening for me, but a little eventful for everyone else. They went to a restaurant down in Salt Lake City where Hunter wasn't acting like himself during dinner. I am kind of glad I wasn't there because he threw up in the restaurant several times. I would have wanted to die. The finger painting scenario was enough for me (see below entry).

New Years came and went without much excitement. We stayed up late enough to watch Robbie Maddison and Rhys Millen do their death defying stunts to ring in the New Year, and then we went straight to bed!

On a side note, it was December 31 when a member of the Deaf Branch sent an email out offering a free TV and cabinet to go with it. Brandon drove over to take a look at it and decided it could be ours. He was so excited to bring it home and get it set up because it's much larger than the rinky dink TV we have. Not to mention he was really looking forward to having it set up for the Utah vs Alabama game everyone has been talking about. Well we got the TV in with some difficulty (it weighs a ton!) and got everything plugged in and much to Brandon's chagrin, the satelite service quit on us. He even called their customer service to see if they could help, but it didn't. The funny thing about this whole situation is that right after the game ended, the service started working again. So at least we got to see the highlights! But we were both pretty bummed because I wanted to watch it as much as I could with the boys needing attention. But we are really excited about this new TV! It's 13 inches bigger than our older one! After the boys were in bed, we watched Black Sheep (good old Chris Farley!) and laughed until our sides hurt.

I hope that everyone had a fantastic and safe holiday season! Love y'all!

No comments: