Sunday, December 21

Hunter's "Finger Painting"

I haven't had a chance to blog about this until now! We have been crazy busy with last minute Christmas shopping, and other stuff going on.

Friday morning started like any other morning at our house meaning it was pretty uneventful. We have a routine of getting up and eating breakfast, changing the boys into their day clothes, having some tummy time for the baby while I clean the kitchen, and then me putting the baby down for his mid morning nap while I take a shower and Hunter watches cartoons or plays with toys. Hunter gets in some good play time and movie time with "Mommy" as he calls me, and then the baby usually wakes up and we eat lunch. Then we have some more awake time, and then we ALL go down for naps in the afternoon (by this time I am in serious need of one!)

Well Friday Hunter decided that a nap was too boring. Instead he stayed awake while I came upstairs and slept on our couch. Little did I know that Hunter had an inner artist side to him. He decided to do some "unconventional" fingerpainting in his crib. He took off his pants and decided that he was going to fingerpaint with his own poo all over the wall, his crib, the sheets, his stuffed animals, blankets, and himself! When I walked in, the smell nearly made me throw up. It was like I had run in to a brick wall of it! So needless to say I ended up spending a good hour calling my mom crying and complaining about what a mess it was, and cleaning it up at the same time. I had to throw Hunter in the tub, then clean the tub, and then disinfect the crib, the wall, and throw away his favorite stuffed animal because it was too far gone to wash. I had the strip the bed of everything and wash it twice on the hottest water I could muster with the washing machine. I think I was in shock of the entire thing. I was so mad at Hunter, I was ready to mount his bum to the wall! I mean it's one thing when they poop in the tub, but this was everywhere and it was a massive undertaking to clean everything off even washing Hunter and the tub!

I had to spray half a can of aerosol spray in his room to get rid of the smell. I was just so mortified at the whole situation. Of course my family just laughed at this after the fact, but geez, it certainly wasn't funny at the time! Luckily Friday night we left the kids with some friends of ours in order to get away for an evening to ourselves and to get some Christmast shopping accomplished! I SOOOO needed a night away after that nightmare!

Has anyone else ever had something awful like this happen? If so, please share! And I hope I didn't gross anyone out!

1 comment:

Ryan + Angie said...

This has only happened to us once (so far). Makayla decided she was going to change Corbin's diaper. She took one off but never actually got the other one back on. I was at work and Ryan was working at his computer in another room. When he went to check on them, Corbin had crawled all over the place leave poop smeared everywhere. Luckily, I have a good husband and he had everything cleaned up (including the carpets by the time I got home!) What a mess! Welcome to parenthood...this is the stuff people don't talk about! :)