Friday, September 17

Jerry Springer-ish


I had to run to Walmart today for the first time in a while to pick up some children's ibuprofen because Lady Bug is cutting FOUR teeth right now. I started to think about when the last time it was that I went to that "store where you go in with a short list but walk out with more than you ever intended to buy in the first place" shopping center and remembered a situation that I came across while getting the baby and myself ready to go in to the store.

There was a couple fighting in the parking lot. The woman was yelling "I can't believe you cheated on me you (blankety-blank blanking blank)! I'm never going to (blankety blank) talk to you again! Get the (blank) away from me!" Then she started to hit him with her fists as he tried to calm her down and put his arms around her apologetically. She started sobbing and yelling at the same time.

At this point I started to cover the baby's ears and walk faster in to the store begrudging the fact that I had parked out further than necessary to burn a few extra calories in the first place.

To add to the imagination, just picture the fact that the couple were covered in tattoos, body piercings, and looked like bathing/personal hygiene efforts were not one of the top things on their daily-what-to-do lists.

All I could think of was that they didn't seem to care who or what saw them in this argument of theirs. I can't believe some of the things that people just let hang out there for the world to see. In our world of reality (let's show as much skin as we can and blur out the rest of unmentionable body parts) television and racy sitcoms, nothing is sacred anymore. And old memories of the Jerry Springer show came to mind. It was not a pleasant thing to see. There are times when in public that I'll get some twisted expression on my face and Brandon asks me what is wrong, and I just tell him he is SO lucky at times to not have to hear some of the things people say out in public. People can be so dang filthy, crude, and nasty. It's like having a front row seat to an airing of the Jerry Springer show. And that's just plain sad if you ask me!

No comments: