Friday, November 19

Two Days Worth of Gratitude Again

November 18, 2010: I am grateful for Brandon's and my jobs. In the past couple of years, Flying J Inc went through a difficult yet exciting time. First it started with his company filing for bankruptcy and the announcement of possible downsizing. The next announcement was that they were in the process of a merge agreement with Pilot Corp. Then there were the months of endless waiting for the FTC to approve what seemed to be every, single, stinkin' detail of the merger, during which time several employees at Flying J were given the boot from the company. Brandon's position with the company survived every round of cuts/downsizing that were done. We were thankful for his job, but he was extremely sad to see so many friends/co-workers laid off. It was just a sad time in general. And a stressful one, as one by one Brandon was saying goodbye to his co-workers.

Finally at the end of this summer, the merger of Pilot Flying J was complete. But still more waiting..... we weren't sure if we were going to be staying put here in Utah, or being relocated to Knoxville, Tennessee where Pilot is headquartered. Then the news that came to us just a few weeks ago, that they informed Brandon that his job is extremely stable, and that he is needed very much within the company..as well as the news that we are likely to be staying here in Utah.

While the last couple of years were spent praying for the keeping of jobs, and for answers relating to the stability of a job have been pretty stressful at times. We've had concerned friends and family members asking us almost weekly whether we had heard anything concerning a move out of state, being laid off, or interviewing with other job possibilities etc. So we are grateful for PFJ deciding to keep us around and helping us put bread on the table.

I am also thankful for a job where I work for and with such wonderful and caring people. I've been shown wonderful support in my decision to be a foster parent, and becoming a real parent very soon! I love the flexibility of the hours, the people I meet:both hearing and Deaf. I love that it allows me to learn on a continual basis when it comes to the language, medical field, education etc. I am also thankful that one or two days a week I am able to get out of the house and work to keep my sanity as a mom and wife. Some moms pop pills to keep themselves happy and motivated, so essentially, my work is my pills...

November 19, 2010: Today we were able to go to our adoption attorney's office to sign the legal document petitioning the court/judge to allow us to adopt our little Ladybug! It was AWESOME to be able to see the name that was given at birth, and the new name we will be giving her once her adoption is finalized (LESS THAN A MONTH TO GOOOOOOOO!) in print. We are so excited to finally and officially be able to call this little girl OURS! So I am grateful for the opportunity to be a mommy forever and ever!

No comments: