Saturday, January 21

Hallie-isms

My daughter is almost 3 years old. She has an incredible vocabulary both in English and ASL (or so I've been told by her new pediatrician). Over the course of the last couple of months, she has said some funny, cute, and entertaining things:

  1. In church during sacrament meeting: "No Mama! Put shoes on! Keep piggies warm!" This one got some laughs.
  2. After I asked her if she thought she was going to be on Santa's nice or naughty list, "I going to be on Santa's HAPPY list!"
  3. After I told her she was going to church one Sunday to learn about Jesus: " I like Jesus, he's cute!"
  4. After I told her to stop doing something at the store, "I don't like you!"
  5. "I like your pump mama! It's pretty!" (my insulin pump)
  6. "I wanna say I'm sorry..." after being given the option of going to her room or saying sorry for doing something.
  7. "I NOT a Hallie mama! I a puppy dog!"
  8. "I love you MAMA"
  9. "I like my sparkle-bum jeans!" (referring to her jeans with sequins on the back pockets)
  10. While visiting my parents over Christmas,"Grammy, you got boochie hair!" My mom had just come out of the bathroom with her hair styled and makeup on, and boochie is a crazy old family word meant to say crazy or messy. I about died.
  11. "I like daddy, he's funny!"
  12. "I like Luke, (her cousin) he's cute."
  13. "Mama, I poop out of my bum-bum!" This stems from us trying to teach her about potty-training...it hasn't quite caught on yet.....I know, TMI!
  14. "Oh my goodness sakes!"
  15. "Oh my gosh!"
  16. "Aw, crap..."
  17. "Mama! I tooted!"
  18. When asked what a bull or a rhino says "CHARGE!!!!"
  19. One of her faves "I DON"T LIKE IT!"
  20. Or, "NO MAMA! NO!"
This is just some of the recent things she has said. This kid never ceases to make me laugh or smile.

No comments: