Wednesday, August 29

Soon To Be September??

Oh hello! I can't believe that it's almost September!

I am sitting on my couch in my duplex, thinking of what is new and exciting in my life.

One of the coolest experiences of my life happened last Friday. As most of you know, I am a sign language interpreter. I had the opportunity to interpret for a lady who is Deaf, while she was giving birth to her baby! I was in the room the entire time, and it was really a neat experience. It's definitely during times like that, that I am baffled by those people who don't believe that there is a God. What a miracle it when human life comes to be and to be able to witness that is incredible.

I just found out last week that my sister who is expecting twins is having a boy and a girl! I am just thrilled for her and our family. There are already 2 grand daughters in our family on the account of my 2 older sisters, and 1 grand son. I already know that my dad is excited to have another grandson. And of course my mom is thrilled to pieces that she is getting more grand babies to spoil beyond all reason!

I am also grateful that recently I have been able to get in contact with some old friends that I haven't talked to since high school. Websites like facebook are so awesome, because it enables me to see how people have changed and how they are doing! I just can't believe how gorgeous everyone has become, and how well they are doing! It's just hard to imagine that it's already been 6 years since high school ended. People are getting married, and are starting their families! Yikes!

I am sure that y'all think I am some kind of cheeseball, but hey, we could all use some extra cheesiness in our lives.

Well, for those of you that do actually tune in from time to time to the episodes of dopfdetails, hope you continue to do so, and stay tuned! You never know what to expect!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hard to believe that some of your friends are actually growing up and having a family of their own.

I like facebook as well to keep in touch. :)

Unknown said...

howdy!

I remember standing in at a delivery. I was shadowing a nurse in Labor and Delivery for a day. Fun times!

I know what you mean about the miracle of human life.

I cried. I still cry when I think back. It was a very special occasion!


I was very embarrassed when the nurse looked over and I had tears streaming down my face. but it was just so wonderful.