Thursday, September 6

Not Ready!

Okay, so summer was DANG hot! I thought it was especially so because we went about 3 weeks without air conditioning in our duplex, as well as about a month without AC in our car! HOLY COW! That made for a seemingly long summer with some of the hottest temperatures and breaking records as well.

It is getting cooler, and now that I have done all the whining and complaining about the heat, saying that I can't take it any longer, it is finally getting cooler. Slowly but surely, it is getting cooler. I just got back from walking Lexi, and I was freezing! It's getting into the 60's at night, or even the high 50's and it's COLD! I don't know if I am ready for that. HEHE, I guess that I'm just never satisfied! I miss the cooler Autumns of Texas, where it's cooler but not cold for a while. It makes for beautiful weather. I even miss the humidity of Houston, because then I don't have to use a bottle of lotion every few weeks! With my diabetes, taking care of my skin is essential since I am prone to drier skin that the normal non-diabetic person. I also drink water like it's going out of style. (that and my daily dose of Diet Dr. Pepper, which is so bad and I really need to stop!)

Well, that's about as ordinary as my life gets. There are some people with much more exciting things happening in their lives, but I can say that I have no complaints. That's it....

No comments: