Monday, September 17

CRAZY!

Once again, I am a slacker when it comes to updating my blog! GEEZ!

Life has gotten busier and busier and busier! That's not necessarily a bad thing though, because at last that keeps me out of trouble!

Last week was awesome! My grandma from Denver came over to visit for almost a week, and then my dad flew in for a big surprise to show up at my grandpa Voorhees' 80th B-day last Saturday!

Here's the story:

A couple of weeks ago, my dad called me from houston and asked if he could come up for this weekend and stay with Brandon and I in order to surprise my sister and her family, as well as his family that was all going to be at my grandpa's birthday party. He told the entire family that he would not be able to make it because he was inundated at work with all kinds of projects! ( So sometimes it's okay to lie)

So he came up and stayed with us, and being able to lie to my sister was half the fun! But even better was the reaction when we showed up at her house on Saturday morning when when opened the door! Her jaw dropped to the floor, (for those of you who know my sister, that's a big mouth, jk Katie! love ya!) and she started crying! All I could think was "YAY! MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!" We spent time with her family, went to lunch, and then went on down for the next big surprise!

We arrived at my grandparents' house and my dad called them from his cell phone, and said that he was at a stop and called to wish my grandpa a happy b-day. My grandma asked where he was, and he told her that he was outside in the front of their house. My grandma didn't believe him, but he then told her to walk to the front door, so she did and when she saw us she started crying! That was priceless in and of itself! So needless to say, it was fun to be involved with this little surprising scheme!

The party was neat, I was able to spend some time with family that I don't get to see often, and it was neat to celebrate my grandpa's milestone birthday!

Dad's trip here was short, but it was great to see him!

Other than that, life has been great, just nothing too exciting!

Oh and Ben! It was great to talk to you for a while the other day! It's always great to laugh and talk with you!

For those of you that I haven't talked to for a while, it's been way too long! Hope to talk to some of you soon! Love to you all!

No comments: