Thursday, December 27

Christmas and New Year Cheer!

Hello again! It's been a little while since I have posted anything of my own, I have been reading everyone else's blogs!

I can't believe that Christmas has already come and gone, and that New Year's is fast approaching!

As for the update from my surgery, the swelling is almost completely gone and I am breathing much much better than before! I am just still not fully able to breathe like I am supposed to just yet! Hooray for the day when I will finally be able to breathe!

For Christmas we went to Cambridge and celebrated with Brandon's parents! It was a white Christmas! It snowed a whole bunch while we were there! We drove up Friday night after B was done with work, and then on Saturday, we went Jeeping in Don and Betty's Wrangler in to the mountains around Cambridge. In some of the foothills, we were able to trespass on to someone else's property and walk around an old homestead that Don (my father in law) thinks is about 100 years old or so. It was awesome! The only thing that I didn't like is that the property is used for cattle, so there was frozen old cow poo absolutely EVERYWHERE! So one had to be totally careful not to step in some!

After we were done with the poo infested homestead, we went up and attempted to go over one of the passes, and got stuck in an area where the snow was almost 3 feet high! Luckily we were able to turn around and come back the way we came, but trying to imagine getting stuck up there without any food would have been a terrible thing for my diabetes! The snow was coming down so much and so fast, it was really hard for Don to drive through it!

Sunday was a first for me, I was asked to sing with my niece who attends Cambridge's small Baptist church! We went to our sacrament meeting first, and then walked across the street to the Baptist church and we sang Away in a Manger. Their preacher had an interesting sermon about Jesus Christ (hence it was the Sunday before Christmas) and he talked about the immaculate conception. He talked about how Christ was perfect because he was born from a Virgin mother. Then he talked about how we are sinful by nature because we were created through a sinful act (meaning sex) and I just looked at my mother in law and Brandon and said "well that's interesting!" I enjoyed the sermon, don't get me wrong, but it was just very different from what I am used to!

Monday, we laid low, and didn't do much of anything.

Christmas was a great day! We woke up early and got ready for the day, then our niece Charity came over and we all opened our presents! I mostly got money for gifts, and got some small things. Brandon really surprised me by getting me a pair of beautiful silver James Avery (my favorite kind of jewelry) hoops.

Christmas is such a special time of year for me. I love the lights, the music, the bright colors and the snow covered mountains. Most of all it helps me remember the real reason why we celebrate it, and the many blessings that I have in my life. Some of the best blessings in life are the friends that I have who have really been there, and who may still read this blog!

I really hope that y'all had a wonderful Christmas. I did. I love you all! Take care!

No comments: