Tuesday, January 1

Happy New Year!

Today is January 1st of 2008! Whew! Wasn't it just 2001 yesterday? I am starting to feel immensely old! I just realized that this coming May will be 7 freaking years since I graduated high school! Can you believe it? I sure can't, especially some days!

Well it has snowed and snowed and snowed some more, and there is more coming! The whole world is beautiful (like me... haha yea right!) and white! The mountains are gorgeous! There are icicles everywhere, and it's terribly cold outside! That's one thing, snow comes with cold weather, which being nearly a native Texan should have laws against it! Since my dad is now living in Colorado he has had to shovel snow the last couple of weeks which is something he hasn't had to do for nearly 20 years living in good ol' Houston! He tried to go and invest in a snowblower for himself, but was irked to find out that all the stores were fresh out! That means lots of other people were just as sick as he was of doing the back breaking job of shoveling lots of snow!

I sure hope everyone's New Year was great! Ours was fun. We went to a couple of different parties. We didn't get home until 3:15 in the morning or so! We couldn't remember the last time we were out that late! I guess that is what happens when you realize that you are old and married!

We just got home not too long ago from spending some of the hard earned money we got from being related to rich relatives... haha, nix that last thought. We actually had generosity poured over us this last Christmas, and we bought ourselves a new wireless printer! We are excited to start using it. Before we got the printer that we have now, we were frustrated with the printer that I got from my Pro Grad night from a drawing! That thing was seriously a dinosaur! It would freeze in the middle of a print job and it was H&@$ trying to get that thing back on line! Not even Brandon the computer whiz could figure out what was wrong. Then out of the goodness of his heart (and the desire to declutter his print shop) Brandon's dad gave us an old laser printer! It worked really well for quite a while, but then it started to leave all kinds of weird marks on our printouts. So needless to say, we needed a new printer something wicked! We are thrilled with this new one! Yet it gives us one more excuse to be lazy by sitting upstairs on our laptop and send a print job downstairs to the printer!

We also bought a shredder for unwanted mail or forms, the Planet Earth series, Napoleon Dynamite (not my first choice, but B used his gift card for that) and Over the Hedge. Call me a big kid, but I still love kids animated movies like that. Oh and I finally decided to use the Michael's gift card that Brandon got me last year! We went and bought a nice decorative mirror which was on sale for only $20! So it was only $5 for me and my share of the $$ we received for Christmas. I looked at other places, and realized that mirrors anywhere else are 4 to 5 times more expensive than the one we got!

As I sit here, Brandon is watching football (surprising huh? actually no... it isn't) and assembling and learning the ropes for how to use our new fandangled printer! I am warm under my Texas flag blanket, with Lexi cuddled up next to me. Don't know why I told y'all that, but oh well.

I hope that this New Year brings a sense of new beginnings and blessings to each one of y'all. I am grateful to have this time of the year to reflect on the many blessings that I have, and for the freedoms we enjoy. I wish all of you the richest of blessings this year!

1 comment:

Kurt & Rachel Keyser said...

You shouldn't feel old. Kurt's old! :) He had his 10 year high school reunion in 2007!