Sunday, October 26

Running Non-Stop

A few months ago or so I openly told the blogging world that I had started jogging on a regular basis around my neighborhood. At that point in time I was only able to jog like a granny for about 3/4 of a mile before getting heavily winded. Since that time I have kept up the jogging routine, which in and of itself is a miracle to anyone that knows me! It was a decision that I am glad that I have stuck with. I have to admit that in starting out I would often ask myself "WHY DO PEOPLE PUT THEMSELVES THROUGH THIS?!" But I decided that no matter what thoughts ran through my mind, that I was going to stick to it.

When the weather started getting cooler, I realized that with my sensitive lungs would not really survive jogging outside. I joined the Ogden Athletic Club and have continued jogging. I go at least 3 times a week. I was happy to say that though to many experienced joggers/runners it may well mean nothing, last Monday night I jogged 3 miles without stopping and felt great! Then much to my own surprise I beat that personal goal last night by jogging 4 miles with out stopping! It felt amazing! I know some of you may be laughing to yourselves about the big deal I am making out of this, but I have never ever been a jogging/running person. Thanks to my Ipod and a great pair of running shoes, I have been able to stick with it! My commitment to taking better care of myself is still working!

1 comment:

Tammie said...

Good for you, I will never run for fun or to get back into shape. I wish I had a pool 24/7! But fat chance! Miss you and I am so proud of you!