Saturday, November 22

Catching Up

It has been 2 days since I took the Level 2 Certification test. Let's just say it nearly knocked the wind out of my confidence as an interpreter for the Deaf. I walked out of the Deaf center with a wounded ego. Some parts of the test went fairly well, but I always hate to say that I feel good about something when in fact I might have done much worse. The absolute worst part was the voice interpreting from ASL to spoken English. The ironic thing was that I noticed that my voicing skills had improved in the last few weeks. Boy was I wrong! My abilities were more than just sub par. There were times when my mind went completely blank thus resulting in complete silence. In my own mind, I was totally laughing it off. I didn't really take it as hard as I could have, but geez! Oh well, I guess there's always next time! I am looking into joining some different programs that are available to help me hone my skills. Let's just say it will take a miracle! So now it comes to the waiting part for the next 3 months before my results come in.

Not that this part is important, but I finally cleaned my house yesterday! It was a great feeling, seeing as how I am not home as often as I used to be since work and other commitments have been keeping me busy. I don't like coming home to a dirty house with mountains of laundry everywhere.

On a side note, I stole myself away for the afternoon and went and watched Twilight. I have read the series 3 times in the last 2 or 3 months because I loved it and I love to read. I have to say that while the movie and the special effects were pretty well done, I thought they took too much out of the characters' personalities when they added in things that never happened from the book anyway. I thought they should have spent more time developing the story and the characters from the information derived from the book, and shouldn't have spent so much energy on adding unnecessary parts.

No comments: