Sunday, December 7

New Foster Boys!






It has been 5 days since I went and picked up our new foster boys. It has been a little crazy at our house since then. I went last Wednesday and picked up 2 year old Hunter, and his 6 month old baby brother Riddick. They look nothing alike, except for their eyes! They are absolutely adorable and very good kids. They have been through some tough times that I can not really go in to detail about, but they are sweethearts. Hunter is pretty polite for a 2 year old and has a little bit of a speech delay, but that is no indicator of his intelligence for sure! He always asks me what things are, and tries so hard to repeat my answers. He says thank you in his own little way saying "day day" for everything you do for him, and everything you give him.

Baby Riddick, or affectionately called bubba, or buddy by us, is a smiley and happy-go-lucky little baby. He has huge blue eyes and a smile the size of Texas! He is just delightful to have around. We couldn't have asked for more precious boys to take care of for the next while! We aren't for sure how long we will have them, but we of course will love and adore them all the same!

It has been nuts at our house mainly because we aren't used to having little ones around! It has and is continuing to be quite the adjustment having two little boys in diapers and bathing two boys that aren't the biggest fans of the tub. We call it the chamber of torture, not only for them, but for us as the ones bathing them while they scream and cry!

Church today was definitely interesting, but went a little better than I thought it would. We have a reversed schedule at the hearing ward I attend. It is Relief Society then Sunday School, then Sacrament meeting! It was kind of nice to drop Hunter off in nursery giving me a little break, though I did worry about the nursery leaders and how he would do. It ended up with him being an angel for them, and the baby giving me heck during my meetings! I had predicted the exact opposite! I spent 2/3 of the day in the foyer on the couch with an ornery baby! Sacrament meeting came, and Hunter was so good just sitting on the pew and coloring with another little boy his age, but the baby didn't want anything to do with me sitting down and holding him. I had to take him out but stay close enough for Hunter to see me. So it ended up that I had two tired and hungry boys that I brought home to a surprised Brandon after sacrament, because I was too exhausted to handle on my own any longer!

That's about it for now, other than the fact that Lexi our dog is exhausted by the end of the day because it has been just as big of an adjustment for her as it has been for us or maybe even more so because she is used to the quiet and being the spoiled center of attention!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's so awesome! Congrats, Lisa!

Tanya Wilde said...

Those boys are ADORABLE!! That's so fun for you, congrats! Now you know what it's like to be me...too many kids and not enough hands. Lol. Church is interesting for us too...the hall is our friend for the next couple of years. (: Good luck with every thing!