Tuesday, December 29

Oh the Weather Outside is FRIGHTFUL....

I had a pretty good Christmas with the in-laws (ALL OF THEM :)) in Idaho. We drove up and stopped to pick my sister-in-law Shannon up from Burley. The few days that we were there were fun, relaxing, and full of laughs. Christmas day was extremely laid back, and my MIL is a fabulous cook.

The weather was also bitterly COLD! It hung around 20 or lower while we were there. As a displaced (but still extremely proud) Texan, this was not enjoyable AT ALL. I hate, abhor, dislike, detest, loathe, have an aversion towards, recoil from the cold. I have thyroid disease that makes me all the more sensitive towards the extreme temperatures as of late. I don't like slipping on ice. I don't like shivering. I don't like hands so cold that it's hard to sign for my job. I don't like it when I see my precious puppy dog shivering from head to toe because it's cold outside......

I could go on about reasons why I don't like the cold but as of today I have a new one!

IT WAS SO COLD OUTSIDE THAT A PIPE BURST OUTSIDE OF OUR HOUSE AND PARTIALLY FLOODED OUR SECOND BEDROOM!

If I was much more of a swearing person (than I already am, much to my mother's disapproval) I could have cursed until I was blue in the face. The inconvenience of having to dig out our storage closet in search of the main water valve to the house wasn't enough. We had to clear out everything of value of the 2nd bedroom closet, and move furniture out of the way, and then spend 45 frickin' minutes trying to get water out of the carpet with our wet/dry vac. Oh and not to mention that we were without running water for about 4-5 hours. (This makes it very difficult to use the restroom, TMI I know) So that's the fun that we had today. Both Brandon and I had to cancel work appointments this evening because of the flooding festitivities at our house.

Okay, I am done venting now. I guess we are lucky that we rent instead of own, since it would have cost us money out the ying-yang to repair everything. We still can't move everything back because we have to wait for the carpet to dry.

I guess we could watch paint peel while we wait. Friggin cold.

1 comment:

James and Lauren said...

next time you come this way we should get together!