Wednesday, November 10

Catching Up on Gratitude

Today I am catching up on the last few days of posting on what I am grateful for:

November 7, 2010: I am grateful for Sundays. I love going to church, even when the time we go is super non-conducive to having an 19 month old. Then it's great to come home, put the baby down for a nap and relax or plan dinner.

November 8, 2010: I am grateful for my job. I have recently started working part time again, and have found an ideal sitter situation for my daughter. The agency I work for is incredible. I love meeting new people, or seeing people I haven't worked with in a while. It's also great to get out of the house to do something I have always felt is worthwhile: working with people.

November 9, 2010: I am grateful for the temple. Last night I went to the temple for the ASL session. It was wonderful. I had regrettably not been to the temple for longer than I'd care to admit, and because of the generosity of my caring husband, I was able to go. I needed it more than I can say. I had an incredible experience, much too special and sacred to post on here, and so special I will keep it to myself. But I am grateful for the blessings that are ours if we just strive to do what is right. I am grateful for the knowledge the temple provides, the blessings of eternal families, eternal marriages, and just the light it brings in to my heart and life.

November 10, 2010: I'm grateful for our benefits from Brandon's job. We haven't always had the best benefits, sometimes none at all, but right now we are enjoying the new insurance that we have. What used to be a WAY TOO FRIGGIN" high deductible meant we paid out of pocket for just about everything. My monthly prescriptions of insulin, pump supplies, thyroid medication, birth control etc used to cost about $400-$450. With our new insurance, we have co-pays (something that is NEW to us) so you wouldn't believe the look on my face the first time we paid for my medicine and the purchase price was only $30 dollars. Talk about a HUGE savings. We are so blessed. We just better enjoy it now while we can until our idiot President's health bill goes in to full effect.

No comments: