Friday, November 12

Yesterday & Today

Yesterday was a bit of a crazy day, but I'll post for both yesterday and today!

November 11, 2010: I am grateful for my little Lady Bug. She is such a sweetheart. Like all 19 month-olds, she definitely has her moments. Lately though she is has been so much fun to have around. I am grateful for her presence in our home. She feisty, sweet, imaginative, intelligent, and has the cutest little sense of humor. I love to hear her laugh. She gets interested in something and can focus for long periods of time on it.

There was a very recent time where I thought that if we weren't able to keep her, we were going to stop doing foster care, and I was resigned to the fact I might never be a mommy to a child of my own.

So having her, and having a little more than a month to go before she is officially ours, has me filled with joy and gratitude. I know that the Lord listens to our prayers, and knows the righteous desires of our hearts.

Today: I am grateful for laughter. One of my very favorite things to do is laugh. It lifts my spirits on a tough day, and just makes me feel good. I enjoy making others laugh, especially the people I love most. What a gift laughter can be.

No comments: